Work Trade Team
Urban Office is looking for a few extra hands to keep our space moving forward and operating to its full potential. Our worktrade positions are specialized positions that will fill gaps on our team. We ask for a six month commitment from worktrade team members, and recruit on a rolling basis.
In exchange for 8 hours/week of work, we're offering a free coworking membership to the space. You'll be able to access the space and all of its ammenities exactly the same as any other member.
Responsibilities for all work trade positions include:
- At least six hours/week working in Urban Office. You'll have a shift at our desk that will help us extend our coverage hours, but will also give us a weekly touchpoint to meet with you about projects.
- Up to two hours/week flex time. This can be used to finish your project work, or complete any project work that needs to happen outside of the space.
- Maintaining Urban Office to a pristine level of cleanliness. Our space can have a lot of hustle and bustle, and you will always be on the lookout for a stray mug or a beer ring left on the counter.
- Answering general questions about Urban Office. You'll be one of the first faces that people see when they enter the space, and you'll be trained to be an expert on the space and how it works to answer any questions that people may have.
- Fielding the occasional walk-in tour. If a staff member isn't on site and a potential member comes in without scheduling a tour, you'll be a resource and able to help show them the space and explain why it may be a good fit for their business.
Work trade candidates should:
- Be interested in small business, entreprenuership and innovation. Most of our members will be running some sort of small business out of the space, so these subjects will be on everyones minds.
- Be outgoing, and curious about our space and members. Coworking spaces are social spaces, and you're a new member. You should be interested in getting to know who else is in the space.
- Be interested in Portland and the South Waterfront. Visitors may ask you for advice on where to go in the area, and you should have a few good spots up your sleeve.
Current Work Trade Positions
- Web development
- Maintain current website and its integrations with our membership system.
- Keep web design and content up to date.
- Keep pushing us toward an even better site!
- Help to curate Urban Offices' range of events from large one time events to weekly or monthly repeating events.
- Work with staff to create a range of events for the next quarter.
- Choose dates, find Portland community partners, book speakers, secure food or needed donations, and execute any other key tasks to make sure that the event goes off without a hitch.
- Work with Social Media team to create marketing materials and register the event on our various platforms.
- Promote the event as needed to get desired event attendance.
- Our space is about our members. What do our members want to see from events? Extra points to someone who can actively involve members in the events process.
- Graphic Design/Photo Editing
- Create marketing materials for Urban Office events, mailers, website, and any other medium required.
- Work with events & social media positions to ensure that they have digital marketing needs for their blog posts, events, etc.
- Work with website designer to create banners, page headers, and other graphics for the website.
- General Worktrade
- We're always in need of good folks to watch our desk and help us keep up with the space. If you don't have any of the above special skills but are interested in trading some of your time for a coworking membership, please reach out and we will see how we can fit you into our program!
Interested in a position? Apply here.